Prep Time:45 minutes plus overnight for setting
Cook time:15 minutes
Ingredients for Crust:
1½ cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
¼ cup Sugar
1 stick Unsalted Butter, melted
Ingredients for Filling:
1 (8oz) package Cream Cheese
1 (14oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 small boxes instant Banana Pudding Mix
3 cups cold Milk
1 tsp Banana Extract
3 cups cold Heavy Whipping Cream
¼ cup Confectionery Sugar
1 (20oz) can Crushed Pineapple, well drained
2- 3 Bananas, peeled, sliced and diced
1 small jar Maraschino Cherries, well drained
2 TBSP Pecans, chopped
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• In a mixing bowl combine Graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar
• Add melted butter, mix until combined.
• Press Graham cracker mixture into the bottom of an 8 1/2 x 11 pan.
• Press to flatten well.
• Bake at 350° for 15 minutes, until brown.
• Cool completely on a wire rack (you can speed it along in the refrigerator).
• Line cooled Graham cracker crust with sliced and diced bananas, set aside.
• Beat heavy whipping cream and confectionery sugar together on high speed (you can add a dash of banana extract if you like) until peaks form.
• Set aside whipped cream.
• In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
• Add in sweetened condensed milk, banana pudding mixes, cold milk and banana extract, beat until smooth.
• Fold in by hand 1 cup of the prepared whipped cream to the banana pudding mixture, reserving the rest of the whipped cream for the top layer.
• Spread filling mixture over bananas in Graham cracker crust.
• Top with well drained pineapple.
• Top the filling/pineapple with remaining prepared whipped cream, spreading to cover entire mixture in the pan.
• Top with maraschino cherries and diced pecans.
• Note: you can add drizzled chocolate syrup if you like.
• Refrigerate overnight to allow to fully set.
Makes 1 Banana Split Ice Box Cake, servings for 12