1 tablespoon canola oil
8 chicken breast, skinned (about 2½ pounds)
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
⅛ teaspoon salt
1 cup Rhubarb-BQ Sauce
1 tablespoon butter
½ cup finely chopped onion $
1 garlic clove, minced
2¼ cups (½-inch) slices rhubarb
½ cup water $
⅓ cup sugar
¼ cup ketchup
2 tablespoons white vinegar
½ teaspoon chipotle chile powder
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
⅛ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat grill to high heat.
2. Combine oil and chicken; toss to coat. Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 6 minutes or until well-marked. Place 1 cup Rhubarb-BQ Sauce in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl, tossing to coat chicken. Return chicken to grill; cook, turning and brushing with sauce from the bowl until glossy and caramelized, about 12 minutes.
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add rhubarb; cook 3 minutes or until rhubarb is translucent, stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 cup water, sugar, ketchup, vinegar, and chipotle; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 6 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
2. Place half of rhubarb mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend rhubarb mixture until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining rhubarb mixture.
3. Return rhubarb mixture to saucepan. Bring to a simmer; cook 1 minute or until hot. Stir in mustard and salt.