1 cup Cake Flour
3/4 cup Splenda
2 tablespoon Spenda
1 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
12 large Egg whites
1 1/2 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
1/4 teaspoon Salt
3/4 cup Sugar
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 – 35 minutes
Cool Time: 1 hour
Ready Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Sift together the cake flour and Splenda or sweetener and set aside.
3. Combine the extracts in a small bowl and set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs whites, cream of tartar and salt until soft peaks form. Slowly add the sugar, then beat on high until stiff peaks form.
5. beating on low, slowly add the flour mixture and extracts to the eggs. Make sure you fold in the batter from the sides and bottome of your mixing bowl.
6. Spoon and batter into an ungreased, two-piece angel food cake pan. Move a knife through the batter to remove air pockets.
7. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top springs back when touched lightly with your finger.
8. Cool upside down on a cooling rack for at least 1 hour before removing the cake from the pan. When the cake is cool, run a knife around the edge of the pan and invert on a plate.
Makes 20 servings * each serving (1 slice)