1 cup Semonlina
1/2 cup Sugar
1 3/4 cups Water
2 tablespoon Clarified Butter
1/2 teaspoon Cardamom
1/2 tablespoon Raisins
10-12 Cashew nuts
1. Heat water and sugar in a pan until boiling. While waiting to boil, follow steps 2 and 3.
2. Heat clarified butter in a thick bottomed pan over medium heat until golden brown (but not burned).
3. Turn temperature down to medium low. Add cashews and semolina. While stirring constantly to ensure semolina does not stick to the bottom of the pan, roast evenly until the semolina turns a light roasted (tan not brown) color. About 7-8 minutes.
4. Add raisins and cardamom, mix. While stirring, add the boiling sugary water to the pan with the semolina in it.
5. Stir continuously for about 1-2 minutes, long enough for the semolina to thoroughly cook through.
The mixture will thicken until it is about the consistency of pudding. You know that it is done once you no longer see any shiny liquid near the outside of the mixture in the pan. The mixture will have a thick almost sand-castle like consistency.
Can be served hot or cooled down (room temp). You can also form into shapes and serve on small plates.